Adding a new Z-Wave device to your Z-Box Hub is fast and simple. You can add a device using the Z-Box web interface or Z-Box Hub mobile app.
Here is how to add Z-Wave devices from the Z-Box web interface:
1. From the sidebar navigation menu of the Z-Box web interface, go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon.
2. You will be redirected to the Devices menu.
3. Click on + Add device.
4. Select the Z-Wave Device option.
5. Be prepared to set learning mode on the device you are trying to add to the system and click Start.
6. While the hub is in inclusion mode, follow the inclusion steps specified in the device manual. Note: Device interview and configuration may take a few minutes, please wait patiently.
7. Once the device is detected successfully, you will see the list of all child devices that have been detected. Click Next. Rename your device and assign it to a room. Click Next.
8. Click Finish once done editing all devices.
If you’re having inclusion issues with the particular device, you can try excluding the device using the steps described under Removing Z-Wave devices. Although we recommend adding the devices from the location where they will be installed on rare occasions distance could be an issue. To rule this out bring the device closer to the hub (preferably less than 10 feet.)
We recommend you do not change the inclusion options but if needed navigate to the Advanced section from Add Z-Wave Device page. Available options are:
- NWI – Network-Wide inclusion (useful for devices that are not near the hub but within networks range)
- Add in S0 Security mode if device supports it
- Add in S2 Security mode if device supports it
- Allow inclusion only in near proximity (not recommended)
Default and recommended inclusion options are illustrated below:
- Remove the device first. This is the most efficient way to troubleshoot any inclusion problems. It works as a reset process and can be used even if the device has never been added to or recognized by your hub. Any given Z-Wave device can only ever be included to a single Z-Wave network for security reasons. But the good news is that you can use any Z-Wave hub to exclude that device from its previous network and add it to your new hub.
- Bring the device to the same room as your hub in case there is any interference interrupting the pairing process.
- Make sure your device is powered and has a full battery.
How to add Z-Wave devices from the Z-Box Hub mobile app
1. Open the Z-Box Hub app on your mobile device.
2. Click More in the bottom navigation menu.
3. Click on + Add Devices.
4. Click on Z-Wave Protocol and follow the same inclusion steps as described for the WEB UI above.
Having issues with adding your device to the Z-Box Hub? Let us know, we're here to help 7 days a week!