You can use a sensor placed anywhere in your home to trigger / control some or even all of your thermostats. Check out the examples below to see how to use a sensor to trigger your thermostat as well as add conditions and multiple triggers to create your ideal environment.
How to Create a Sensor-Triggered Thermostat Scene
1. From the sidebar navigation menu of the Z-Box web interface, go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon.
2. Click on Scenes.
3. Click on Add Scene.
4. Select Block Scene.
5. Provide basic scene information and click Save.
6. Now you are ready to create your scene using blocks. For device-triggered scenes, click on Device in the trigger/action menu and grab and drop any of the available blocks to the Triggers and Conditions section of the scene building area.
7. Select the sensor that you want to use to monitor the temperature and add conditions for the trigger.
8. If you want to add additional triggers or conditions, you can do so by dragging it to the Triggers and Conditions area. See the Add Condition to a Trigger example at the end of this article for instructions. If not, proceed to specify the action(s). Click on the Device on the trigger/action menu and grab and drop any of the available blocks to the Triggers and Conditions section of the scene building area.
9. Select the thermostat that you want to use under Actions and specify how you want the modes or setpoints to change. Once done, proceed to add more actions or click Save to finish and create the scene.
Add a Condition to a Trigger:
Scene 1: Basic Device-Triggered Scene
1. To add a Time and / or Day condition to a trigger, click on the Time category, then grab and drop one of the conditions to the Triggers and Conditions section of the scene building area.
2. Specify the condition, and repeat step one to add any additional time/day conditions, or click Save if done. See the below example for ideas on how you could combine multiple triggers or conditions to the sensor-based thermostat programming.
Scene Example: When the Master Closet Temperature Sensor shows 60 F or less on weekdays, and the Time is between 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, change the mode of the Guest Room Thermostat to heat.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have!